Here are some tips and some upcoming things to look out for as we begin to "hit on all cylinders":
1) Keep your grades at an acceptable level. No missed assignments, not substandard work due to spending too much time on social media or Netflix! We CANNOT have members pulled from marching band after letting grades slide...both students and parents need to keep track of academic progress EARLY. It's too late when we only have a couple of weeks left in the semester.
2) Get involved. We have auditions coming up for District Honor Band, All State Band, All State Jazz, MAYWE, AYWS, Cobb Honor Orchestra, GYSO... and the list goes on... we would love to see a large group of Pope students representing our school in these organizations. Look over the schedules and requirements, sign up, prepare, and try to be a part of one or more of these wonderful opportunities.
3) Join the Friday Night Marching Band if you are not already currently involved in a marching experience at Pope. The commitment is minimal and the fun is HUGE! It's not too late...rehearsals start this week.
4) Check calendars often ! Make us aware of those long-term appointments and scheduled activities as soon as you know bothh schedules. Waiting until 24 hours prior doesn't give us time to work out alternative solutions.
5) Seriously consider private music lessons. It's THE fastest way to improve. We have teachers who come to Pope each week. Can't get much more convenient.